– 2 cups red beans, cooked (also lentils or black beans are good!)
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped or processed
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 2-3 tbsp. of fresh parsley, finely chopped
– sea salt and black pepper to taste
– pinch of ground cumin, turmeric, curry, coriander and smoked paprika
– 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
In a medium bowl place the beans, onion, garlic and parsley.
Smash the beans with a fork while mixing the ingredients.
Seasoning the mixture and mix it again.
Heat the olive oil in a small fry pan to a medium heat.
Add the mixture and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Shake the pan to avoid from stick the cake in the bottom of the pan.
Cover the pan with a plate a little bigger than the pan, press the plate with your hand and turn it up side down.
Now you have the cake in the plate facing the cooked side.
Add a little olive oil if necessary and use a spatula to place the uncoocked side of the cake in the pan to cook it for 2-3 minutes as you did before.
Repeat it one more time each side of the cake.
You got it! Make a Protein Party in your kitchen =)
Serve it warm with your favorite salad!
I made my big salad with arugula, spinach, avocado, tomato, sweet onion, red and yellow bell pepper and garlic… delicious!