– Filo dough, 12 sheets
– 1 pack (10 oz) frozen spinach, defrosted and dreined (300 grams)
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– sea salt, black pepper to taste
Ingredients to make “Bechamel” (white sauce)
– 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 2-3 tbsp. gluten free flour
– 2 cups of vegan milk, approximately (coconut, flax, almond, oat milk…etc.)
– black pepper, nutmeg to taste
First, make the white sauce, “Bechamel”.
Heat the olive oil to medium heat and add the flour. Use a hand whisk to mix it.
Add a little bit of milk and whisk.
When the milk you just added is absorbed, add a little more and keep whisking.
Repeat it several times until you have 1 1/2 cups of creamy white sauce.
Season it with nut meg and black pepper.
Second, heat the olive oil in a medium pan and add the onion and garlic.
Cook until light brown and add the spinach.
Season and cook for a few minutes.
Add the spinach mixture to the white sauce and mix all together.
Third, Preheat the oven 370F.
Fourth, prepare one filo dough sheet. Brush a little bit of olive oil over one half and then fold the dry half over the first one, sticking it together.
Place it into the cup cake tray and repeat this procedure with every filo dough.
Put the filling and press the dough to shut each cup cake.
Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Make your favorite salad and bring your wonderful dish to the table!