– fresh kale leaves, a bunch (without stems, save them for juicing!)
– 1 carrot, sliced (optional)
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 2-3 slices of fresh ginger, minced (optional)
– 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
– 1 1/2 cups of garbanzo beans, cooked
– sea salt, black pepper to taste
– 1/2 tsp. of curry, turmeric,coriander and smoked paprika
– 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Cooking garbanzo beans… soak overnight a bag of garbanzo beans.
Change the water, place the garbanzo beans in a saucepan and cover it with water.
Let it cook in a medium-low heat for an hour or until tender.
Take only 1 1/2 cups for this dish and freeze the rest in two bags to have it ready to use anytime.
In a big fry-pan heat the olive oil in to a medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic, let it cook until brownish.
Seasoning with all the spices, mix and add the tomato, carrot and ginger.
Cover and let it cook for a few minutes to get a “sauce” consistence.
Add the kale leaves, a little water and cover again.
After a few minutes when the kale is tender, add the garbanzo beans.
Mix all together, your dish is ready!
Make a salad as a starter, I made dandelion and onion salad with my favorite dressing, just sea salt, black pepper,
lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil!
Notes: You could replace the garbanzo beans for any kind of beans. If you don’t have onions, use leek.
Use either kale or any kind of greens like spinach, collard, chard, beet leaves…etc.
Be creative and make your own recipe, this’s just an example!