After visiting Jen and Swapnil and having a wonderful home made Indian meal, I got inspired by the aromatic spices! Last night, I made a creamy cauliflower soup with a savory touch that you will fall in love with your kitchen like me. In addition, this is a healthy anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer dish, very easy to make and digest =) Just a few ingredients and lots of spices!
- 1 cauliflower head, finely chopped
- 1 leek, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped (or any kind of onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a handful of cashews (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground curry-masala mix (or just curry), cumin, coriander, turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, allspice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro, parsley or mint, minced (optional)
In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil into a medium heat.
Add the leek, garlic and onion and cook until lightly brownish.
Seasoning, add the cauliflower and mix the ingredients.
Add 2 cups of water, add the cashwes and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
Be aware to add more water if you need, I needed 4 cups total but it depends how thick you like the consistency.
When ready, add the coconut milk and blend until smooth and creamy as you like.
Serve it warm and enjoy it with love!
Cooking is my favorite way to spread love!