A few weeks ago, while coming back from a short trip, we were listening to a radio program talking about this book. There was the author being interviewed and we got interested in his book. After trying out a few vegan recipes I decided to share it with you all.
“Fast Food, Good Food” is not a vegan cook book, but it is a great step forward to improve your diet and the way you think about cooking a better meal. I think, this book would help you understand that cooking doesn’t have to be a hard task that requires you to be big time in your kitchen. It could be easy and enjoyable! That’s what I’m trying to tell you with my easy recipes too!
Being a vegan takes time and strong commitments. Meanwhile, you could improve your diet, health and knowledge about cooking mostly with vegetables, whole grains, beans, non-dairy products and lots of spices. Also, in many recipes you can replace some ingredients to make healthier vegan version recipes. Let me give you some examples…
- Eggs to “vegan eggs”: 1 tbsp of flax seed meal + 3 tbsp of water = one vegan egg
- Milk to non-dairy milk like almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, oat milk, flax milk, cashew milk… to mention some
- Butter to extra virgin olive oil
- Cream to coconut cream
- Cheese to tofu, vegan cheese
- Red meat, chicken, turkey to vegan tofu options
- Ham-burger to bean-burger, veggie-burger
I hope you understand that big changes don’t happen suddenly. Take it easy, go step by step, but be responsible for the food you bring to your table and put in your mouth. Enjoy the time you spend in your kitchen! Look for healthier options; buy your vegetables and fruits in local farmer markets. Stay healthy!